Four steps. It’s really that easy! Okay, there may be a little further discussion, to ensure we create exactly what you’re looking for. But the overall concept is really that simple. Here’s how our New Product Development (NPD) process works:
- Idea/Concept: You come up with an idea for a coated plastic film with specific properties. Or if your customer is asking for something specific, and you can’t find what you need, in an off-the-shelf offering. Don’t let that stop you – don’t turn that customer away.
- Bring it to Tekra: Tekra has a staff of mechanical and chemical engineers, solely dedicated to developing and producing coated plastic films. Need a polycarbonate with an anti-fog hardcoat? We’ve done that…. Need a polyester with a protective urethane? Done…. Need your proprietary coating applied to a proprietary film? You guessed it…..we do that, too! Tekra is your full-service custom coating partner. You dream it, we produce it.
- Produce It: We create it for you. Tekra has coating capabilities for films up to 60” wide, with multiple coating application and curing options, depending on the requirements of the coating itself.
- Complete It: We can help you qualify complimentary products, to complete your package offering. We offer a full range of complementary products, such as adhesives, inks and other films.
- Need to mount that custom film we just made for you to something? Think 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tapes from Tekra.
- Need to print a conductive ink? Get your Henkel inks from Tekra.
- Need a secondary supportive film layer? DuPont Teijin Films™ and LEXAN™ polycarbonate films are readily available from Tekra.
Let Tekra help you create the coated film product that you need! We look forward to working with you! Contact us today.