Tekra has been selling polyester plastic film in sheets and rolls to diverse markets since the 1970s, and our experience shows. Advancements in the printing industry led to Tekra seeking strategic alliance partners to support those changes as well as meet the technical and commercial needs of our customers. Today, we continue our proud association with globally recognized Melinex® and Mylar® polyester brands as an authorized distributor of Mylar® Specialty Films (formerly DuPont Teijin Films™).
PET plastic film material is known as biaxially oriented polyethylene terephthalate or BOPET because of the way the film is produced, which also gives it superior properties to other plastic films. Tekra sources Melinex® and Mylar® polyester films in large roll form from Mylar® Specialty Films (formerly DuPont Teijin Films™) which can be converted into custom sized slit rolls or sheets according to customer specifications. Tekra offers hardcoating to help PET film materials resist scratches and abrasions while offering enhanced chemical resistance.
- Medical or Healthcare – Tekra is the exclusive distributor to the North American Medical Diagnostics Market for Mylar® Specialty Films (formerly DuPont Teijin Films™).
- Printed Electronics – Tekra is known as a reputable and technically competent supplier into membrane switch and related electronic industries.
- Flexible Circuitry – Tekra offers a wide variety of Melinex® ST heat stabilized with shrink resistance for maintaining proper print registration at high cure temperatures.
- Displays – Tekra has years of experience in selecting and coating high clarity optical films for display applications.
- Industrial Applications – Tekra can match a PET film that meets your performance and cost parameters.
- Graphic Films – Tekra has served the Graphic Films market for over thirty years with print treated polyester films for virtually every print method.
Superior Properties of Melinex® and Mylar® Polyester Films
As a result of the biaxial orientation process, Melinex® and Mylar® polyester films offer superior properties and provide exceptional versatility when compared to other thermo-engineered plastic films. These properties include:
- Clear Optics
- Excellent Mechanical Strength
- Outstanding Dielectric Properties
- Good Flatness and Coefficient of Friction
- Tear or Puncture Resistant
- Inert to Many Chemical Attacks
Tekra Is Your Trusted Source for PET Film Materials
Tekra inventories Melinex® and Mylar® polyester PET films in sheets and rolls in a broad range of product types and thicknesses ranging from 0.48 mil to 14 mil. Tekra can offer clear polyester film materials for applications requiring excellent optical properties, hazy polyester films for various industrial end uses, and opaque white polyester films that work well with pressure sensitive labels, cards, and general printing applications. We also apply functional custom coatings to polyester PET films in our clean room coating facility.
Contact us to talk with one of our experts regarding your needs or technical questions regarding your polyester PET film application. Ready to order? Request a quote today!