Tekra has been selling polyester PET films to diverse markets since the 1970s, and our experience shows. Advances in the printing industry led to Tekra seeking strategic alliance partners to support those changes along with meeting the technical and commercial needs of our customers. Today, we continue our proud association with globally recognized Melinex® and Mylar® polyester brands as an authorized distributor of DuPont Teijin Films™. For more than two decades, Tekra’s core polyester PET strengths and markets served have remained complementary to those of DuPont Teijin Films™ and include:
- Medical or Healthcare – Tekra is the exclusive distributor to the North American Medical Diagnostics Market for DuPont Teijin Films™.
- Printed Electronics – Tekra is known as a reputable and technically competent supplier into membrane switch and related electronic industries.
- Flexible Circuitry – Tekra offers a wide variety of Melinex® ST heat stabilized and Teonex® PEN high temperature films, suited for demanding applications.
- Displays – Tekra has years of experience in selecting and coating high clarity optical films for display applications.
- Industrial Applications – Tekra can match a PET film that meets your performance and cost parameters.
- Graphic Films – Tekra has served the Graphic Films market for over thirty years with print treated polyester films for virtually every print method.
Melinex® and Mylar® Polyester Films
Melinex® and Mylar® polyester films offer superior optical, physical, mechanical, thermal, and chemical properties. This balance of film properties, produced thru biaxial orientation, provides exceptional versatility when compared to other thermo-engineered plastic films.
Melinex® and Mylar® Polyester Films Properties
- Clear Optics
- Excellent Mechanical Strength
- Outstanding Dielectric Properties
- Good Flatness and Coefficient of Friction
- Tear or Puncture Resistant
- Inert to Many Chemical Attacks