3M™ Reclosable Fasteners
3M™ Fasteners are used in applications that require multiple opening and closures and they are available with a variety of adhesive options, closure strengths and thicknesses to meet your needs. Fasteners are also available without adhesive. Two different technologies currently exist in 3M's portfolio and include:
- 3M™ Hook and Loop Fasteners
- 3M™ Dual Lock ™ Reclosable Fasteners
3M™ Hook and Loop Fasteners have stiff hooks on one side of the fastener and pliable loops on the other for secure closure then simply allow one side to peel away for opening. They bond on contact to a variety of flexible and rigid materials and can be reused thousands of times.
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners consist of hundreds of interlocking "mushroom-shaped stems" that have five times greater closing strength than hook and loop. They come in a range of strengths and thicknesses, hold together even dissimilar substrates, then attach and detach multiple times and come in a choice of plain backed or pressure sensitive adhesive-backed to bond many surfaces even LSE plastics. They also:
- Have reliable performance in hot, cold, wet, sunny and other difficult environments
- Have colors that accent or clear to blend for aesthetics
- Improve appearance (hidden beneath the surface for greater design flexibility, no nail or screw heads, no holes that invite moisture, corrosion or dirt)
Check out the 3M™ Converter Markets Selection Guide for more product details.