Since our founding in 1938 as a supplier to the bookbinding industry, Tekra has evolved into an industry leader in high performance plastic films and transfer adhesives. From our corporate headquarters in Milwaukee and our strategically located distribution facilities, we focus on serving all of North America as a proprietary coating manufacturer, precision convertor, and film distributor.
Through the years we have maintained our commitment to provide the finest materials available in the market and a complete range of services to help our customers grow their businesses. We support virtually any product need and any printing technology with recognized expertise in durable goods manufacturing, medical diagnostics, coating, screen and digital printing, coating, and laminating.
We take pride in providing high quality products and “Best in Class” service to our customers. At Tekra, every day we share our technical expertise assisting customers with the process of selecting the right materials and solution. It's how we partner with our customers to create products of lasting value.
Our dedication to quality is present in each process we complete from product testing to our converting capabilities. Upholding ISO requirements is embedded in our psyche; it's nearly a “rote” way of doing business.
To fulfill Just-In-Time needs, Tekra stocks a large inventory and employs a rapid turnaround system. Stocked materials often ship on the same day they are ordered and custom converted materials in just a day or two-- providing customers with the materials they want, in the form they want them, when they need them.
Custom solutions are anything but foreign at Tekra. We are constantly looking to expand on what can be done with plastic substrates from highly flexible films to microcircuitry inks. Our fully staffed research and development department embraces each challenge -- from concept to lab testing through to full production.
At Tekra, we know today's technology advances will lead to tomorrow's broad applications. It's why our chemists continually explore improvements for the next generation of coatings. It's why our marketing and product management teams maintain close contact with our strategic suppliers in the development of new products.
At-a-Glance Tekra Capability Highlights
- Our coating facility is equipped with two gravure rotary coating lines, one sheet coater, with solvent and UV curing capabilities, and a clean room environment.
- Operating in compliance with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP); ISO 9001:2015 compliant.
- Extensive expertise in clear and matte hard coating of engineering grade polymer films (polyester, polycarbonate and PMMA).
- Technical team is accustomed to producing film:
- to precise optical specifications
- anti-glare and low sparkle properties for electronic display manufacturing
- proprietary digital print receptive films for the HP Indigo press systems, UV inkjet printing, solvent inkjet printing, toner, and thermal transfer systems
- Tekra is a full-service film and adhesives distributor offering Mylar®, Melinex® and Teonex® brands from DuPont Teijin Films®, LEXAN™ polycarbonate from SABIC Innovative Plastics, and 3M's outstanding line of transfer tapes and bonding solutions.
- Graphics manufacturers rely on Tekra for:
- Wide format cast and calendered vinyl films from 3M and Arlon®
- Rigid polyvinyl films
- Pressure sensitive label materials
- Tyvek®; Teslin®; Yupo®
- Protective tapes and masking
- Synthetic materials, and
- Conductive inks.
- DuPont Teijin Films™ exclusive authorized diagnostics distributor in North America and Tier 1 supplier to major medical device manufacturers.