Supply chain management spans the movement and storage of raw materials, work-in-process inventory, and finished goods from the point of production to the point of consumption. It involves the design, planning, execution, control, and monitoring of supply chain activities with the goal of synchronizing supply with demand, controlling costs, and reducing risk for all parties.
At Tekra, managing complex supply chains is a core competency and we attack the challenges in a variety of ways:
- Keeping inventories of a wide range of materials on hand in our multiple distribution locations across North America to support same or next day shipments.
- Accepting blanket orders for special or pre-converted materials from customers assuring JIT deliveries without the requirement of knowing exactly when the materials will be needed.
- Inventory programs designed around MRP forecasts and Kanban fulfillment.
- Consignment programs allowing constant access to frequently needed materials.
- In depth knowledge of our manufacturing supply partners’ production schedules and inventory practices.
- In house logistics expertise and relationships with best in class domestic and international providers covering everything from small package overnight services to ocean/rail intermodal transport.
- Tekra is committed to taking the stress out of supply chain management for our customers. Having high quality materials, at the right price, delivered just when needed is our ongoing focus.