Industry Leader for Polyester Films
Why Choose Polyester Film?
Many of the unique characteristics of polyester film are the direct result of biaxial orientation during film manufacturing. Polyester film leads the pack with an exceptional combination of optical, physical, mechanical, thermal, and chemical properties. These features give polyester film a clear performance advantage when compared to other options. And, for all of the environmentalists out there, polyester film is among the most environmentally friendly thermo-plastic engineered films made.
Polyester Films Available By Tekra
Tekra offers the industry's most complete range of films from a variety of brands, with the most common being Melinex® and Mylar®, manufactured by DuPont Teijin Films. In addition to our range of inventory in stock, we also offer polyester films in the following characteristics:
- Super Clear
- Heat Stabilized
- Slightly Hazy
- Translucent White
- Bright White Opaque
Additional Film Enhancements
- Extremely low shrinkage (<0.1%) to a desired heat seal (about 75%).
- Index matched to eliminate surface iridescence with functional hard coats.
- Applied with chemical treatments (e.g. corona) for improved adhesion to various coatings, inks, and adhesives.
- Added pigments and fillers for a wide range of haze, translucency, or opacity.
- Modified surface textures from very smooth to any desired roughness.
- Co-extruded with different polyester layers to obtain custom finishes (i.e. A/B, A/B/A, etc.).
- Incorporated with surface-slip, anti-stat, anti-fog, or anti-glare properties.
- Custom tailored to meet a desired product performance specification.
Tekra is the leading distributor of DuPont Teijin Films™ (DTF) polyester, including the expanding line of Melinex® TCH products for the flexible electronics market. “Melinex TCH” is a new DTF series of optically clear PET films that afford Design Engineers freedom to choose from a variety of functional product types.Browse Products