Tekra works closely with our valued alliance partners in providing thermoplastic films, adhesives and related materials for healthcare applications. Our diverse product offering covers the gamut by providing versatile, functional end uses that deliver reliable performance.
DuPont Teijin Films™
Our Melinex™ and Mylar™ polyester film supplier, DuPont Teijin Films™ deliver consistent performance for medical face shields. These engineered products provide splash protection, anti-fog reduction as well as a reduction in eye fatigue.
- Melinex™ AG3 – customers choose Melinex™ AG3 for anti-glare protection, in addition to a reduction in fogging. Available in 450 ga, Melinex™ AG3 is the premier face shield protection material choice
- Melinex™ AF2 – customer select Melinex™ AF2 when anti-fogging properties are essential. Considered the best in class film for reducing fog, Melinex™ AF2 is produced in both 400 ga and 650 ga
- Melinex™ polyester films are available in a variety of super clear product types and gauges. These polyester products include Melinex 516D, Melinex 454, and similar high clarity, rigid substrates available in thicknesses ranging from 300 ga up to 1000 ga. These films can be used for shorter use, are lower in cost and offer limited protection.
We are also an authorized distributor for SABIC Innovative Plastics and have access to the plethora of polycarbonate films they offer. One of the most common products from SABIC is the LEXAN™ 8010 film, which is a super clear gloss/gloss material that can be used in protective face shields. In addition, Tekra has access to developmental anti-fog polycarbonate-based films.
3M™ Films and Adhesives
Tekra also has access to the complete line of 3M™ Medical Materials and Technologies to support your application requirement. 3M™ 9960FS Anti-Fog Hydrophilic Film is a 6.8 mil clear, two side anti-fog, hydrophilic treated polyester film. 3M™ Durable Film and Liner Material RMNC7-HC has very high clarity and offers chemical resistance to common cleaning agents.
A Face Shield Is More Than Just Plastic
While most people recognize the plastic that goes into a face mask, the construction can include several other face shield parts including foam for comfort, adhesives and structured film that can be used for face shield attachment. Tekra proudly carries products for each of these elements.
- 3M™ Urethane Foam Tape 4317 A .375” charcoal gray, soft, conformable, single-coated urethane foam tape that can be used to help cushion a face shield.
- 3M™ Double Coated Tape 9832- A 4.8 mil general purpose double coated tape that provides excellent adhesion to a variety of surfaces including foams. This product has a thin polyester film carrier that provides dimensional stability and improved handling.
- 3M™ Double Coated Tape 444- A 3.9 mil double coated tape that uses 3M’s 300 adhesive. This tape has high tack and high initial adhesion and bonds well to a variety of surfaces including foams.
- 3M ™ L2+DCP- A 4.8 mil double coated PET tape that offers high tack and excellent peel adhesion to variety of open and closed cell foams.
- 3M™ Grip Lock Strips are made from non-adhesive coated structured film and are designed to provide easy and high quality open and closure performance to secure face shields.