Tekra works closely with our valued alliance partners in providing thermoplastic films, adhesives and related materials for healthcare applications. Our diverse product offering covers the gamut by providing versatile, functional end uses that deliver reliable performance.
DuPont Teijin Films™ for Face Shields
Our Melinex® and Mylar® polyester film supplier, DuPont Teijin Films™ deliver consistent performance for medical face shields such as for surgery. These engineered products provide splash protection, anti-fog reduction as well as a reduction in eye fatigue. These engineered polyester products provide high light transmission, low haze with anti-fog, anti-glare coating to reduce eye fatigue, while equipping your personal protection equipment with splash protection.
- Melinex® AG3 – customers choose Melinex® AG3 for anti-glare protection, in addition to a reduction in fogging. Available in 4.5 mil, 6.5 mil, and 10 mil, Melinex™ AG3 is the premier face shield protection material choice.
- Melinex® AF2 – customer select Melinex® AF2 when anti-fogging properties are essential. Considered the best in class film for reducing fog, Melinex® AF2 is produced in 4 mil, 4.5 mil, 6.5 mil and 10 mil.
- Melinex® polyester films are available in a variety of super clear product types and gauges. These polyester products include Melinex® 516D, Melinex® FS1, Melinex® 454, and similar high clarity, rigid substrates available in thicknesses ranging from 300 ga to 1000 ga. These films can be used for shorter use, are lower in cost and offer limited protection.
SABIC LEXAN™ Polycarbonate Films for Face Shields
As an authorized distributor for SABIC, we have access to a number of polycarbonate films suitable for PPE face shield application designs including:
- LEXAN™ 8010 film - a super clear, high clarity, gloss/gloss polycarbonate film available in 4 to 40 mil.
- LEXAN™ 8040 film - high optical quality polycarbonate film, good stiffness, impact resistant, easy to die cut and available in 4 to 40 mil.
- LEXAN™ HP92AFTY Anti-Fog Film - anti-fog coated on one side and is available in 7 to 30 mil. This polycarbonate film provides both optical clarity and anti-fog properties.
In addition, Tekra has access to developmental anti-fog polycarbonate-based films.
3M™ Films and Adhesives for Face Shields & Face Shield Parts
Tekra also has access to the complete line of 3M™ Medical Materials and Technologies to support your application requirement.
A Face Shield Is More Than Just Plastic
While most people recognize the plastic that goes into a face mask, the construction can include several other face shield parts including foam for comfort, adhesives and structured film that can be used for face shield attachment. Tekra proudly carries products for each of these elements.
- 3M™ Urethane Foam Tape 4317 – a .375” charcoal gray, soft, conformable, single-coated urethane foam tape that can be used to help cushion a face shield.
- 3M™ Double Coated Tape 9832 - a 4.8 mil general purpose double coated tape that provides excellent adhesion to a variety of surfaces including foams. This product has a thin polyester film carrier that provides dimensional stability and improved handling.
- 3M™ Double Coated Tape 444 - a 3.9 mil double coated tape that uses 3M’s 300 adhesive. This tape has high tack and high initial adhesion and bonds well to a variety of surfaces including foams.
- 3M ™ L2+DCP - a 4.8 mil double coated PET tape that offers high tack and excellent peel adhesion to variety of open and closed cell foams.
- 3M™ Grip Lock Strips – made from non-adhesive coated structured film and designed to provide easy and high quality open and closure performance to secure face shields.