New Berlin, WI - Tekra now offers an antimicrobial coating option to the Marnot® Matte and Marnot® Anti-Glare hardcoat line of polyester and polycarbonate films.
Tekra's antimicrobial films use nanosilver additives, which are evenly distributed throughout the hardcoat coating, that disrupts bacterial enzymes, thereby inhibiting the growth of bacteria. Using ISO 22196 method, extensive testing was performed to measure the antimicrobial effectiveness of Tekra's Marnot Anti-Glare / Antimicrobial harcoated film. Under this test method, five organisms scored a reduction rate of 99% or higher, indicating a 99% rate of inhibiting bacterial growth against those organisms.
"This added antimicrobial protection to these hardcoated films is a breakthrough for many touch applications that are often exposed to bacterial contamination, including appliance overlays, membrane touch switch overlays, control panels, and touch screens," says Andy Danihel, Tekra's Director of Marketing and Market Development Manager for Hardcoated Films.
- 99% reduction in Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Enterococcus faecalis (VRE), Salmonella enterica, and Listeria monocytogenes
- Available in polyester and polycarbonate
- Available in various matte and anti-glare gloss levels
- Excellent scratch and abrasion resistance
- Superior chemical resistance
- Printable with UV and solvent based inks
- Process flexibility: 1st surface texturable, embossable, and diecuttable
Tekra's antimicrobial coating can be added to Marnot Matte and Marnot Anti-Glare coatings on a custom basis. For more information on Tekra's antimicrobial hardcoat offering and to request free samples, please contact Tekra at (800) 491-9578 or visit our website at www.tekra.com.