In an effort to provide a competitive alternative to flame retardant polypropylene (FR PP), SABIC has introduced a non-aesthetic version of LEXAN™ FR700. Branded as LEXAN™ FR700NV, this new FR film has looser surface quality specifications when compared to the FR700, which has allowed the FR700NV to be priced competitively with FR PP. The FR700NV provides good value for internal electrical and thermal insulation components where aesthetic requirements tend to be much less critical.
- Non-aesthetic version of the FR700
- Black, matte/velvet texture
- Available in 17, 20, and 30 mils
- Priced competitively with FR PP
- Good dimensional stability at high temperatures
- Higher RTI rating of 130ºC vs. 115ºC for FR PP
- Same UL94 V-0 flame rating as FR PP
- Easier to die cut vs. FR PP
- Power supply insulation
- Disc drive insulation
- Keyboard insulation
- Business equipment insulation
- EMI/RFI shielding
LEXAN™ FR700NV can be converted at Tekra and supplied in either roll or sheet form. Free samples are readily available in 17 mil.