Traditionally, solvent inkjet based inks have been reserved for vinyl-based applications due to their chemical make-up. Tekra has now developed a solution for solvent inkjet with our line of coated polycarbonate films. These films will allow you to utilize the advantages of solvent inks in applications that require longer use and more wear. Our new coating provides a barrier to protect the polycarbonate substrate from the solvent inks. Polycarbonate's durability and performance can now be paired with inks that are meant to last.
Our specially primed films offer great adhesion allowing you to take advantage of the economic, aesthetic and durable benefits of the solvent inkjet inks while widening your market offering. With our films; durable signage, museum panels, overlays, permanent in-store displays and menu boards will now be available market spaces. Along with a broader market, the qualities of solvent inkjet inks allows for fewer reproductions as well as the ability to exclude protective top coating or lamination over the printed inks. The ability to eliminate these steps in the production process simply equals higher profitability.
- Excellent ink adhesion.
- Barrier coating to protect film from solvent inks.
- 5, 7, and 10 mil gauges stocked.
- Various textures including gloss/gloss and gloss/matte.
- Clear, white and white translucent films available.
- Vibrancy across the color spectrum.
- Stocked in 150' roll format.
- Available products include: 5, 7, and 10 mil clear gloss/gloss, 10 mil clear gloss/matte, 10 mil white translucent matte/gloss film
- Other polycarbonate gauges and/or finishes can be coated upon request
- Membrane switch panels
- Backlit signage
- Museum panels
- Indoor and outdoor menu boards
- Applications in need of high quality gradients