Food Lidding and Sealant Films Market
At Tekra, we know plastic films—particularly polyester films. After 25 years, our partnership with DuPont polyester films continues to grow into an exciting market segment: Mylar® polyester lidding and sealant films. At DuPont, a dedicated research and development team has paired a high quality Mylar® polyester film with a unique heat seal technology that makes a product vital for the success in food packaging applications. We work with you to create a reliable seal, with an easy peel for the consumer.
Tekra provides a range of services, including:
- Custom slitting and packaging for a total material solution
- Short term warehousing for just-in-time ordering
- Recommended partners for printing and perforation needs
- Technical support and excellent customer service
Today’s consumers make buying decisions based quality and convenience. The film component of the packaging design is essential to branding a superior product. Whether you need to extend the shelf life of fresh cut produce, or effectively self-vent for freezer to oven applications —we have a solution for you.
A film based construction is vital to a wide range of food applications, including:
- Grab-and-go salads
- Fresh cut produce
- Clam shell replacement
- Chilled ready meals
- Frozen meals
- Ovenable flow wrap
- Sandwich trays
Contact Us to explore lidding film options, get your questions answered, and request samples.
A Case in Point
Packers are moving to replace clamshells not only for the benefit of consumers, but for cost reduction and visual appeal. Choosing a film and tray construction have real cost saving benefits that directly impact the bottom line:
- 25% to 40% reduction in packaging material
- Improved shelf life with customized O2 and CO2 exchange and moisture management
- Transportation savings with improved stacking
- High end graphics allow for branding and better shelf appeal
Contact Us to see if clam shell replacement is right for your business.
Fresh Produce Packaging Films: Mylar® Harvest Fresh line of packaging film for fresh cut produce to give products maximum longevity through expert attention to respiration rates and shelf life.
Frozen Food Packaging Films: Oven ready and microwavable Mylar® polyester lidding film solutions are custom tailored for adhesion to various tray substrates.
Chilled Ready Meal Packaging Films: Provide fresh, on-the-go solutions for the consumer with anti-fog and corona treated Mylar® polyester film options.
Ovenable Packaging Films: The self-venting and temperature resistant properties of Mylar® polyester films allow for freezer to oven convenience.
Explore our products for Point-of-Purchase (POP) Market
Digital Printing Film
- 3M™ Commercial Solutions
- Dura-Go® Plastic Films & Substrates for HP Indigo Printers
- JetView Latex Plastic Films for Latex Printers
- JetView Solvent Inkjet - Plastic Films for Solvent Inkjet Printers
- JetView UV Inkjet - Plastic Films for Wide Format and Flatbed UV inkjet Printers
- ToneKote Plastic Films for Toner Printers
- Polystyrene Film
- Rigid Vinyl (PVC) Film