Tekra is an authorized distributor of DuPont Teijin Films™ (DTF) polyester films. Since 1992, our commitment to trusted brands such as Melinex®, Mylar®, and Teijin® Tetoron® is unparalleled in the industry. Tekra's partnership with DTF provides for greater customer success in our growth markets ranging from printed electronics, medical diagnostics, flexible circuitry, optical displays, labels and industrial films.
Many of the unique characteristics of polyester (PET) film are the direct result of biaxial orientation during film manufacturing. PET excels in having an exceptional combination of optical, physical, mechanical, thermal, and chemical properties. These features give polyester film a clear performance advantage when compared to other thermoset plastic films.
Tekra offers Melinex® and Mylar® polyester films and Teonex® PEN film in a full complimentary range of film types including super clear, heat stabilized, clear, slightly hazy, matte, translucent white and bright white opaque. In addition, Tekra carries a line of value enhanced functional coated products that are based on DTF polyester films.
Additional film enhancements that can be applied to polyester films during its manufacture:
- Extremely low shrinkage (<0.1%) to a desired heat seal (about 75%)
- Index matched to eliminate surface iridescence with functional hard coats
- Applied with chemical treatments (e.g. corona) for improved adhesion to various coatings, inks & adhesives
- Added pigments and fillers for a wide range of haze, translucency, or opacity
- Modified surface textures from very smooth to any desired roughness
- Co-extruded with different polyester layers to obtain custom finishes (i.e. A/B, A/B/A, etc.)
- Incorporated with surface-slip, anti-stat, anti-fog or anti-glare properties
- Custom tailored to meet a desired product performance specification
Offering the industry's most complete range of Melinex® and Mylar® polyester film and high performance Teonex® PEN film, Tekra is a leading distribution channel provider for DuPont Teijin Films. In addition to its versatility in performance properties and fitness for a wide range of market end uses, polyester film is among the most environmentally friendly thermo-plastic engineered films made. Dozens of film grades are currently available from Tekra to meet your needs.